Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A new floor!, well almost. . .


My husband was off for the holiday and had a three day weekend. We worked all three days and got about 1/2 way done. We are both feeling the aches and pains and looked forward to getting back to regular work today.

If you are one of my studio students, the floor probably will not be done for class on Friday, but the class goes on! We will probably have more room because all the furniture is stacked up on the finished side of the room.

The flooring is Bellawood Brazilian Mesquite. It is about the same color as cherry. When I learned that the cherry darkens over age, we decided against it. Not because we didn't like a darker color, but because you have to constantly move the furniture for about a year so that the aging happens evenly. Some of my furniture weighs a ton. It is not likely that we could move it around every couple of weeks. They even recommended not putting down an area rug for at least a year. I've been hooking my fingers off. When this rug is done, it is going on the floor. The mesquite color is stable, so we don't have to worry about playing musical furniture.

2 comments:

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

Your floor is beautiful! Love the color.

Sarah

Gayle said...

Cindi - I've just now discovered your blog and I'm loving it! Can't wait to see that big rug finished!
Gayle in UT
dyeing2hook@msn.com