Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No hooking last week at all

So much for my commitment to hook 1/2 hour a day. Life got in the way. I still believe that consistent time at the frame is the fastest way to complete a project and I will get back to that as soon as I can. Like dieting, one bad day or a bad week should not keep you from the final goal. The likelihood of having this rug complete by August, however, looks doubtful.

Mom is doing somewhat better. We still don't know the source of the pain in her hip caused by a strain the week before and then falling last Tuesday. Her fever has been diagnosed as MRSA. They removed her chemo port as soon as the diagnosis was made. Today is day 8. Hopefully we have MRI results today.

I know this is not exciting rug hooking information, but many of my regular students and friends tune in. Thank you for your patience and kind words. Special thanks to Kim for reminding me that I will not be able to take care of anyone if I go down. I have the morning shift, Dad comes in to sit with her in the afternoon, and my husband pampers me when I get home.

In the meantime, the hospital is filled with graphics and great ideas for designs. I carry my tiny journal everywhere.

No comments: