Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Rug Hooked Purse

I haven't hooked much on the large rug. Instead I have been messing with the computer. Some good and some bad, such as reformatting and troubleshooting problems.

A few days ago I decided I wanted a new purse to take with me to Teachers' Workshop. I knew what shape I wanted, but I was struggling with the design. I wanted to include the new rose motif that I have been using in my current rug designs. I could not come up with a design I liked and the clock was ticking. I leave this Sunday so I decided to hook it with a simple geometric pattern instead.

I have been trying some breathing and meditation techniques. One morning it was like the window to my creativity was flung wide open. Why not include both? I had already hooked one side, but the second side was still blank rug warp.

I drew in the rose and changed the leaves as I hooked and then I filled in with the square background. I love the result.

I had planned to keep this blog strictly for the large rug, but I thought you might enjoy seeing my other projects. This design has spurred a new stair riser pattern for those of you who are hooking the stair riser series I am designing for Spruce Ridge Studios. Check with Kris Miller to see when it will be available.

5 comments:

lois said...

The purse design is great...you did good!!! Please don't keep your blog just for the large rug. I check it often to see what you are up to and I'm sure others are interested too. Lois

Gayle said...

Wow Cindi - LOVE your new purse. Hope you'll share another picture of it when it's totally finished. And I'm in agreement with Lois - would love to see pictures of ALL your hooking projects!
Gayle in UT

Brenis said...

I just love how you've hooked this! Can't wait to see the finished piece!! I love your color choices!
blessings, bren

Kathy Litton said...

The purse is wonderful.
Thanks for the workshop this weekend in Louisville. You rock, Kathy from Georgetown, KY

Unknown said...

Great collection of Wool Rugs for your modern home.