Friday, October 5, 2007

Day 5 Rug Hooking Progress



Hooking has gone fairly easy, but I did my home work before I started. I knew how the motifs hooked up and how all the wools worked together by doing several "study" pieces. You can see the hooked pieces I mention below by visiting the links that follow.

I designed a stair riser, Queen Anne Rose, with some of the motifs that I wanted to use. Next I hooked a footstool, Square Pocketful, using more of this same color scheme. Karen Kahle's pattern, Antique Rose Runner, used lots of hit and miss, again in the same colors. Next came another stair riser, Annie's Scrolls. Finally, I designed a companion footstool, Annie's Flower Power, experimenting with shapes and using the same color scheme.

Queen Anne Rose
Square Pocketful
Antique Rose Runner
Annie's Scroll

Annie's Flower Power

I am not satisfied with how the vine over the center support. I will change it later if it still bothers me.

No comments: